ACTAVIS PROMETHAZINE COUGH SYRUP
Purple drank is a slang term for a concoction which includes a prescription-strength cough syrup used in a manner inconsistent with its labeling, thus making it a recreational drug. The mixture became popular in the hip hop community in the southern United States in the 1990s, originating in Houston Clinix Pharma Provide you On Reasonable Price With Fastest Delivery Services.
How is this medicine (Promethazine and Codeine) best taken?
Use promethazine and codeine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely. Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach. Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with this medicine. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure promethazine and codeine. PROMETHAZINE
For all patients taking this medicine:
- This medicine may cause very bad and sometimes deadly breathing problems. Call your doctor right away if you have slow, shallow, or trouble breathing.
- This medicine has an opioid drug in it. The use of opioid drugs along with a benzodiazepine drug or other drugs that may make you drowsy or slow your actions has led to very bad side effects. Side effects that have happened include slowed or trouble breathing and deaths. Benzodiazepine drugs include drugs like alprazolam, diazepam, and lorazepam. Benzodiazepine drugs are used to treat many health problems like anxiety, trouble sleeping, or seizures. Talk with the doctor.
- Many drugs interact with promethazine and codeine and can raise the chance of side effects like deadly breathing problems. Talk with your doctor and pharmacist to make sure it is safe to use this medicine with all of your drugs. PROMETHAZINE
- Avoid alcohol or other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
- Get medical help right away if you feel very sleepy, very dizzy, or if you pass out. Caregivers or others need to get medical help right away if the patient does not respond, does not answer or react like normal, or will not wake up.
- Even one dose of promethazine and codeine may be deadly if it is taken by someone else or by accident, especially in children. If this medicine is taken by someone else or by accident, get medical help right away.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets. PROMETHAZINE
- Do not give to a child younger than 12 years of age. Children between 12 and 18 years of age who are very overweight or have certain other health problems like sleep apnea or other lung or breathing problems must not use promethazine and codeine. If your child has been given this medicine, ask the doctor for information about the benefits and risks. PROMETHAZINE
- Some children have had very bad and sometimes deadly breathing problems when using codeine after surgery to remove tonsils or adenoids. Do not give to a child younger than 18 years of age who has had surgery to remove tonsils or adenoids. Talk with your child’s doctor. PROMETHAZINE